Pages


Unity/Healing Hands

inspiration & design...

"Work like you don't need the money;
dance like no one is watching;
sing like no one is listening;
love like you've never been hurt;
and live every day as if it were your last."

~ Old Irish Proverb ~ Author Unknown ~
~ Health in mind, body & soul.... Namaste. ~
~ Dolphin. ~

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Off the deep end...

Whew..

I am taking the plunge and "getting" a blog...

Wow... after only ~10-12+ years of mulling the idea around, having written poetry and other things for many, many more years than that (than I care to actually admit, as that would date me.. a lot). Watching friends get Live Journal sites, etc, and seeing blogging become the "thing" in the new world of IT and communication, especially in the last few years. It is now here to stay and in fact is the means of expression that is driving new media, new ideas, and creativity. Some of it is total crap, and some of it is beyond amazing. I hope I can find a way to fall into the latter realm, and share something of myself, of relevance, and of beauty to this world.

I have to admit, I am still a bit hesitant. I'm a very open person, but also incredibly private. To share my thoughts in a blog... it's a big step. But I think it's finally time. I got on Twitter with much trepidation about 1 year ago (along with other Social Media sites before that) and found it wasn't as bad I as thought and have even come to enjoy certain aspects of it. And I found myself wanting to say more than 140 char would permit.

So to start things off, I thought long and hard about what to say... beyond why would I do this crazy, yet necessary, yet now mundane and common thing like start a blog...

And so I share a poem I wrote December 28, 1990 (holy crap.. was that really 20 years ago?!), that explains why I write, what drives me to be here and is a taste of what I hope I can share..

To What Do I Owe This
(Gateway to Inside of Me)

The joy of existence,
of fulfillment, of tragedy,
is expressed by what I unwillingly
share with paper slate and pen.
From a realm of unknown spews
untamed emotion and thought,
from the very depths of being.
Uncriticized by unconscious thought and
uncontrolled by what is real,
these relentless visions are a gateway
to inside of me.

Copyright: Michelle L. Marcicki (Dolphin)
Written: December 28, 1990

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. I can hardly express just how happy & elated I am that you are finally doing this. I know its been on your mind for a good long while and can only imagine the relief of pressure you are now feeling. *snurfles*
    I wish you many,many more days of euphoria as you embark on this creative endeavor. :)

    ReplyDelete